|EAN:||6063772049352||Number of Pins:||168-pin|
|ECC Type:||NON-ECC||Number of Modules:||1|
|Class:||SD||Capacity per Module:||128MB|
|Frequency:||133MHz||Fit For:||A-tech Components|
Before you begin the installation, it's worth considering backing up any critical files in the event of a problem occurring. DO NOT install the memory while the computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Ensure that the system is completely powered down.
This is simply done to remove any static electricity from your body so that accidental zaps don't damage your memory modules. While your computer is still plugged into the wall, touch a metal part of your computer. If you leave your computer you will need to ground yourself again. Alternatively, you can invest in an anti-static strap and clip yourself to a grounded piece of metal.
Once the computer is completely shutdown, remove all plugs and the power cable from the computer. As you are upgrading a notebook it is also important to remove the battery.
Always keep the memory modules in their anti-static bag until you are ready to begin the installation. Handle the modules only by the edges and don't touch the gold pins. No tools are required to remove or fit memory modules and using tools can cause damage to the modules.
Removing the Battery.
1. Slide the battery release latch to the unlock position.
2. Slide the other battery release latch to the unlock position.
3. Slide the battery and remove it from the computer.
Removing the Base Cover
1. Remove the screws that secure the base cover to the computer.
2. Lift up the base cover and remove it from the computer.
Installing the Memory
1. Locate the memory slot on the base of the notebook.
2. To replace an existing memory module, spread both clips on either side of the memory slot to release it. To remove the memory module from the slot, hold it by the edges and slide it out at a 45 degree angle.
3. To install the new memory, hold the module at a 45 degree angle and align the notch on the module with the notch located in the memory slot.
4. Gently push the module in then down until the clips on both sides click to lock the module in place.
5. Make sure the module is firmly in the slot and that's it's not moving. Otherwise, reinstall the module by repeating steps 2 to 4.
6. Replace the base cover by reversing the instructions for its removal.
7. Replace the battery and any removed accessories.
You're done! Once you have closed your computer and reattached all the accessories that were connected, it's time to switch it on. No software or settings will need to be changed as the computer detects the memory upgrade automatically.